- Grounds for Suspension and Termination. You agree to comply with
the Countryside Broadband Policies, as well as the applicable rules, regulations
and policies of any network, accessed through the Service. Any violation of
these Policies may serve as cause for Countryside Broadband to suspend or
terminate your account. You agree that Countryside Broadband has the right,
with or without notice, to suspend or terminate your account upon the first
or subsequent occurrence of any of the following:
- Using the Service in a way which constitutes violation of any applicable
statute, law, court order, tariff, regulation, or treaty (including, but
not limited to, intellectual property, communications, privacy, criminal
and international law);
- Using the Service in a manner intended to abuse or violate the privacy
or property rights of others, including, but not limited to, sending of
unsolicited bulk e-mail ("spamming"); this ground for suspension
or termination is separate from and in addition to the fees which will result
from such activity;
- Using the Service in an attempt to break security, or so as to actually
break security of any computer network (including the Service itself), or
to access an account, message, or file which does not belong to you;
- Excessively using the Service in such a way as to limit the bandwidth
available to others.
- Using the Service to operate server programs, including, but not limited
to mail servers, IRC servers, game servers, ftp servers, Web servers, or
streaming audio/video servers, without prior approval.
- Using the Service to promote or solicit competing Internet services;
- Using the Service for unauthorised relays through any third party systems;
- Attempting, in any way, to interfere with or deny service to any user,
or any host on the Internet;
- Using the Service for mail-bombing, which includes any instance where
multiple messages are sent to a specific destination with the intent to
render the recipient and/or the electronic system serving that recipient
- Attempting to cancel, supersede, or otherwise interfere with e-mail or
USENET posts other than your own;
- Engaging in harassment, whether through language, frequency, or size of
- Using the Service to engage in SYN flood attacks, which are defined as
overburdening a recipient computer system by sending a high volume of spurious
data which effective impedes, or totally disables functionality of the recipient
system(s), or any other methods of denial-of-service (DoS) attacks;
- Furnishing false data on your sign-up form, contract, or online application,
including providing fraudulent payment information;
- Showing suspected signs of system compromise, misconfiguration, or similar
unusual activity, as deemed or determined by Countryside Broadband personnel,
that may disrupt or have the potential to disrupt the Service for Countryside
Broadband and / or its customers (e.g. replicating, or reproducing Internet
worm traffic, email viruses, distributed DoS attacks, etc.).
- Providing a mechanism, either intentionally or unintentionally, that allows
unauthorised users to access the Service, or similarly attempting to bypass
the restrictions of these Terms and Policies.
No credit will be given for a period of suspension. In the event of termination of your use of the Service under this section, Countryside Broadband may at its sole discretion retain any or all amounts you have paid for use of the Service as liquidated damages for your actions.
If you knowingly send unsolicited Bulk E-mail ("spam"), in addition to the termination of your account, Countryside Broadband will charge you £100 per hour cleanup fee for the time spent by its employees or agents in removing the effects of your actions from its servers and the computers of other subscribers.
Governing Law. These Policies are governed in all respects under the laws of England.
Amendments. These Policies may be amended in any respect at any time by Countryside Broadband upon the posting of the amended Policies on the Countryside Broadband Web Site. Your continued use of the Service will be deemed consent to any such amended Policies. If you do not wish to continue to use the Service as a result of any such amended Policies, you may provide notice of your wish to terminate your use of the Service to:
Countryside Broadband Limited
Black Lion Cottage
Any unused portion of fees you have paid for the Service will be returned to you within 14 days.
© 2012 Countryside Broadband Limited